No RISC No Fun
OpenPA is a resource for HP PA-RISC and IA64 (Itanium) computers with technical descriptions. This site is independent of and does not represent The Hewlett Packard Company in any way.
Hardware details of the PA-RISC platform are in the hardware section; computers lists individual PA-RISC and IA64 computer systems (that can also be directly accessed via shortcuts) with PA-RISC operating systems detailed in software.
The following pages have been updated, restructured and extended between 2012 and 2014:
- PA-RISC System Architecture (new): a new page has been added that describes the multiple PA-RISC platforum designs from the early 1980s to mid-2000s, consolidating information from chipset, bus attachments, CPU attachment with new input.
- PA-RISC Operating systems: added Timeline (1988-2014) of PA-RISC Operating Systems.
- PA-RISC Processors: reintegrated Third party CPUs table.
- PA-RISC Architecture: Refocus on the PA-RISC ISA with descriptions on details of indidivual PA-RISC PA-1.x and PA-2.0 architectures.
- PA-RISC Chipsets: move content and align with new PA-RISC System Architecture page.
- Stylesheets for iPhone and iPad (and similar) devices: there are now two custom versions for these devices that should increase readibility and usability of the site.
A new release of the print edition has been released after three years. It includes all the updates and changes from the online version between 2009 and 2012, and some new content. Main updates are reworked chipset/bus/system design pages, HP-UX version 11 compatibility, and many small changes and corrections throughout.
Download: Second Edition 2.4, (.pdf, 1.3 MB, 386 pages).
Download the OpenPA Print Version, Second Edition (2.4)
(.pdf, 1.3 MB, 386 pages)
Includes all content from the Summer 2012 online version.
For other releases refer to the Print version page.
RSS feed with all news and articles.