HP 9000/C100 & C110
|Cache||256 KB L1|
|Bandwidth||CPU 800 MB/s (C100)
CPU 960 MB/s (C110)
Mem 400 MB/s (C100)
Mem 480 MB/s (C110)
The C100 and C110 are graphics workstations with the PA-7200 processors. They have a similar case to that of the old 735 — built of interlocking modules of the I/O and MPU board.
Model numbers: both the C100 and C110 have the HP 9000/777 model number.
- C100: PA-7200 100 MHz with 256/256 KB off-chip I/D L1 cache and 2 KB on-chip
- C110: PA-7200 120 MHz with 256/256 KB off-chip I/D L1 cache and 2 KB on-chip
assist cache is not really a true cache.
- U2 I/O adapter Runway to GSC bridge
- MMC/SMC memory controllers
- LASI ASIC, which features:
- NCR 53C710 8-bit single-ended SCSI-2
- Intel 82596CA 10 Mbit Ethernet controller
- WD 16C522 compatible parallel
- Harmony CD/DAT quality 16-bit stereo audio
- NS 16550A compatible serial
- Wax chip
- EISA bus converter (GSC-to-EISA)
- Second RS232 serial
- HP HIL interface
- GSC graphics
- Intel 82C503 Ethernet transceiver, media auto-selection
- CS4215 or AD1849 programmable CODECs
- WD37C65C Floppy controller
- NCR 53C720 16-bit Fast-Wide high-voltage differential (HVD) SCSI-2
» View a system-level ASCII-illustration of the chipset.
- Runway CPU/memory bus (100 MHz 800 MB/s peak data rate on C100, 120 MHz, 960 MB/s on C110)
- GSC general system-level I/O bus
- EISA additional expansion I/O bus
- SCSI-2 single-ended bus
- SCSI-2 Fast-Wide high-voltage differential main storage I/O bus
- 72-pin ECC SIMMs, 60ns or faster
- Bus width: 128 data bits with 16 check bits
- Up to 8-way interleaving
- 400 MB/s (C100), 480 MB/s (C110) peak bandwidth
- Takes 16-128 MB modules
- Eight slots
- 32 MB (2×16) minimum, 1 GB (8×128) maximum
- One slot for a GSC (EISA formfactor) card
- Three slots for either GSC (EISA formfactor) or EISA cards
- I/O slot layout (from top to bottom):
- EISA or GSC
- EISA or GSC
- EISA or GSC (for secondary graphics)
- GSC (for primary graphics)
The disk-slider can accomodate up to three SCSI drives and one floppy drive simultaneously, the internal cabling (usually) includes one Wide-SCSI cable with three 68-pin connectors and a HVD-terminator at the end, one Narrow-SCSI with one 50-pin connector and one cable for the floppy.
The Narrow-SCSI cable is normally used for the external-accessible half-height 5.25″ CD/DAT drive, although it is of course also possible to connect a 50-pin SE hard drive. The cable can also be easily replaced with a variant with more connectors to use up to three 50-pin SE hard drives. The PDC can boot off these SE drives.
The Wide-SCSI cable is normally used for the internal 3.5″ 68-pin Fast-Wide high-voltage differential system drives. Up to three hard drives can be installed in the cage, which leaves no room for an external-accessible CD/DAT drive though. The Fast-Wide drives are also bootable from the PDC.
A standard configuration could look like this:
- Two 3.5″ 68-pin Fast-Wide differential (HVD) SCSI hard drives,
- One 3.5″ Floppy drive and
- One external-accessible half-height 5.25″ SCSI drive (CD/DAT).
- 50-pin HD SCSI-2 single-ended
- 68-pin HD SCSI-3 Fast-Wide differential (HVD)
- Two DB9 male RS232C serial (up 460.8Kb/s)
- DB25 female parallel
- TP/RJ45 10 Mbit Ethernet
- 15-pin AUI 10 Mbit Ethernet
- Graphics port depend on installed video adapter
- Two PS/2 connectors for keyboard and mouse
- HP-HIL for input device loop
- Four phone jacks (microphone, headphones, line-in and ?)
There is a firmware update available for the C110, which contains the latest version (1.3).
- PF_CC110013.txt has details about the contents and installation of the patch.
- PF_CC110013 contains the patch.
There is also a firmware update available for the C100 and C110, which contains the latest version (1.2).
- PF_CC1X0012.txt has details about the contents and installation of the patch.
- PF_CC1X0012 contains the patch.
|Model||SPEC95, int||SPEC95, fp||SPECrate95, int||SPECrate95, fp|
Compare these with other results on the Benchmarks page.
- 138×539×447 mm height/width/depth
- 16.7kg net weight, 21.1kg fully loaded
- 555W max. power input
- 5.0A max. RMS at 240V
- 9.5A max. RMS at 120V